MHS (Medical Humanities Sheffield) is an interdisciplinary research and teaching centre bringing together expertise of a very wide range of University and NHS staff and students to address core questions of what it is to be human. We currently have 6 projects, and are keen to develop more. If you are looking to explore opportunities for interdisciplinary projects with Medical Humanities, get in touch!
- Intoxicants and Early Modernity
- Shame, Stigma and Personal Identity
- Crowdsourcing for Health
- Validation and Models in Computational Biomedical Science: Philosophy, Engineering and Science
- Imaging from bench to bedside for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension
- Moving Bodies: Two humanities/engineering pilot projects
- Suicide, Society and Crisis
MHS members publish on a wide range of topics. A list of selected recent publications can be found here.