Michelle Winslow and Sam Smith lead an oral history project at The Sheffield Macmillan Unit for Palliative Care. Together with project volunteers, they have been making oral history recordings with people in the unit since 2007 with funding from Friends of the Northern General Hospital, Sheffield Hospitals Charity and Macmillan Cancer Support. We caught up […]Read More »
What we aim to achieve
Our fundamental mission is to locate, understand, and privilege what it is to be ‘human’.
Medical Humanities Sheffield (MHS) is a cross-disciplinary environment enabling teaching and research at the interface between medicine, science, humanities and social science. More about us.
For more general enquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For feedback on the website please contact the network’s digital advisor / web designer Mr James Pearson.
- MA in Medicine in Society to begin in September 2018
- Crowdsourcing for Health Project
- Moving Bodies: Two humanities/engineering pilot projects
- Suicide, Society and Crisis. Julie Gottlieb’s Wellcome Trust Seed Funded project
- MHS student awarded Professor David Locker Research Scholarship
- Epistemic injustice and medicine